28 Jul 2008

python GUI interface introduction

These days, I was working on the disertation which involved with some algorithms implementations. During the period, I need to analysis the results by visual pictures. However, as a newbie with python, I have two choices: Tkinter and wxPython. I will try to write some posts about both of these choices.

For wxPython, I will focus on the combination of matplotlib and wxPython, for my work is mainly involved with matplotlib.
##CONTINUE##

Matplotlib: matplotlib is a python 2D plotting library which produces publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive environments across platforms. matplotlib can be used in python scripts, the python and ipython shell (ala matlab or mathematica), web application servers, and six graphical user interface toolkits.

The latest release of Matplotlib is 0.98.1, it requires python2.4 or 2.5 and numpy 1.1. You can download them from internet if you need.

No comments :

Post a Comment